Due to the increasing acceptance of Bitcoin as a legitimate alternative payment method, many online gaming, gambling, and sport betting businesses have started to allow their users to transact in Bitcoins.
A Bitcoin casino has to ensure compliance with regional laws and regulations to provide a safe and secure betting and gaming environment to their users where their data and funds don't face any risk. This guide will list some of the best Bitcoin casinos in 2021.
Compare the Best Bitcoin Casinos
While there are several Bitcoin casinos available for betting and gaming, not all of them are reliable and offer the best quality service. To make the decision process easier for you, our team conducted an extensive review of the most popular casinos to identify the leading ones in terms of different aspects, advantages, and other key features.
Understanding Bitcoin Casino
Just like conventional online casinos rely on software, Bitcoin casinos aren't any exception. The most popular Bitcoin casinos that serve a large number of users have their own proprietary gaming software while smaller casinos rely on licensing or rented software that they can customise to offer their own set of features and include the required functionality such as new games. The customisation also allows them to add unique features to the most popular selection of games.
The software is capable of running the game without much intervention. For instance, in a game that requires all human players, the casino software acts as the table dealer. Since an overwhelming majority of the gaming operations are operated digitally, the casinos need to convince their user base regarding the fairness of the games. Many Bitcoin casinos do so by revealing how their gaming algorithm operates while other casinos rely on player reference and marketing.
Some of the most popular games that users play on online crypto casinos all around the world include poker, blackjack, roulette, and casino war. To start playing on a Bitcoin casino, you need to sign up on a platform. Here are some of the steps that you need to take.
- Sign Up – The first step is to sign up on a casino platform of your choosing. Here, you will provide some of your personal information such as name, phone number, country of residence and email address. You will also be required to confirm your identity through a phone or email verification process. This is done by casinos to comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) regulation which enables them to create a safe and user-friendly gaming environment.
- Deposit Your Funds – After you have signed up on a platform and verified your identity by providing the required documentation, you will need to submit a minimum deposit before you can start playing. Different crypto casinos have different deposit limits so you will need to check this out before you start.
- Start Playing – Once your registration and minimum funds deposit are complete, you can start playing your favourite games on the platform. It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with all the rules of the game and start with small amounts. Manage your risk and don’t put up a lot of money until you are completely aware of different strategies and gain enough experience.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using a Bitcoin Casino
Are Bitcoin Casinos Safe?
Most of the Bitcoin casinos have acquired a license with their respective regional gambling commission ensuring their operations are legal and safe. While many conventional online casinos have to look for money laundering and fraud activities, crypto casinos don't need to deal with such issues as every transaction is processed through a decentralised blockchain.
How to Choose a Bitcoin Casino?
Before you choose a Bitcoin casino, you need to take a multitude of factors into account. Carefully evaluate the following aspects of the casino before going all-in with your hard-earned money.
- Gaming Costs - The first aspect that you should take into account is the cost of betting and gaming on the platform. You are already putting your money at risk so you have to manage the costs of playing. Ensure that you are choosing a Bitcoin casino that offers high-quality games and reliable gaming at a reasonable price.
- Provably Fair - Since everything about online gaming is digital, try to find out whether the casino you are going for conducts provably fair games. You can do so by checking out whether they have made their algorithm and gaming operations transparent. You can also check out user reviews on the internet.
- Payment Modes - Another factor that should come into consideration is the availability of different payment methods. Choose an affordable, quick and convenient payment method so you can deposit and withdraw your funds without any hassle.
- Rewards & Bonuses - Check out the rewards, bonuses, and other perks offered by different Bitcoin casinos to their users and pick the one that brings the best combination of rewards and bonuses.
- Variety of Games - Some casinos may have every other feature covered but they might not have the variety of engaging and entertaining games that you need. Make sure that the platform you are choosing offers most, if not all, of your favourite games.
- Regulatory Compliance - Another key aspect of choosing an online crypto casino is to ensure whether the platform adheres to regional legal requirements and regulations. Make sure the platform is licensed and you are not being a part of an illegal venture.
3 Steps to Using a Bitcoin Casino
Step 1: Choose a Bitcoin Casino
Using the aforementioned list of key factors, choose a casino that fits your gaming requirements in the best manner possible. Above all, ensure that the casino is licensed and regulated so you can game in a safe and secure environment.
Step 2: Signing up/Setting up Bitcoin Casino
The next step will be to register your account on the casino platform and verify your identity for security reasons. Once you have gone through that process, you will be required to deposit a minimum sum into your account which will act as your seed amount for playing different games.
Step 3: Start using Bitcoin Casino
Now you can start playing a wide range of games online including poker, roulette, blackjack and many more. Make sure you are fully aware of the rules of the game you are playing so you don't lose money on your games. Another way to minimise your risk of loss is to make yourself aware of different strategies of the games that you are interested in playing.
A Bitcoin casino allows you to enjoy a wide range of games online and some platforms also provide a multitude of rewards and bonuses. However, you need to carry out due diligence to ensure that the casino you are playing on is licensed and offers the best service in terms of a variety of games, bonuses, rewards, fairness and other key aspects.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check out the transparency of their algorithm along with the reviews of the users that have played on the platform.
Not at all. Casinos are where you go for fun and entertainment and the platform allows you to pay with Bitcoins. On the other hand, brokers allow you to bet on the price of digital assets resulting in a profit or loss.
Since Bitcoin casinos rely on a decentralised platform for transactions, they are much safer than conventional online casinos.
There is a wide range of games that you can enjoy on an online crypto casino including roulette, sports bets, blackjack, poker, arcade games, and more.
Casinos that enable you to play games anonymously don't follow KYC regulations which can pose a risk for your funds and personal information.
Most of the regulated Bitcoin casinos will ask for identity verification.
Before signing up, check the local laws to see whether you are allowed to gamble in the region you are in.
You will need to check your regional tax laws to find out if you will have to pay taxes on your online casino winnings.